Effective Date: 1/24/2018
Steady Platform, Inc. ("Steady" or "we") has developed this statement to provide you with information on how we collect, use and share information from your and other users (“Users”) of the website steady.com (“Site”) and Steady Service. .
Steady collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, Sites and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. The Services are provided by Steady.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, contact customer support, use the Services or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, interests, skills, employment experience, education background, job preferences, bank information, payment method and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Job Information: When you use the Services to seek a job, we collect information concerning your employment history, educational and other background and job preferences.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Steady app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction and Bank Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of job requested, the specific job that you obtained, your compensation and other related transaction details, as well as bank transactions.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information about Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Steady app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Steady app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your account with a bank (e.g., Capital One), payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your Employer uses one of our enterprise solutions, we may receive information about you from your Employer.
- When you request on demand services, our Employers may provide us with a rating related to your job performance.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as an Employer or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Employers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Employer, or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Steady and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With Employers to enable them to determine whether to offer you a job. For example, we share your name, employment and educational background, and average rating given by Employers;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public; and
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Steady subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Steady or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, liquidation or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymous form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We implement a variety of security measures intended to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, thus, despite these efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at Help@SteadyApp.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Steady will comply with individual's requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We may also seek permission for our app's collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Steady does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not directed to or intended for access or use by, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not access, use or provide any information on our website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at Help@SteadyApp.com.
COOKIES AND ADVERTISING
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
ONLINE STATEMENT ONLY
This Statement applies only to information collected through our Site and mobile app not to information collected offline.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at Help@SteadyApp.com.